You are what you eat which includes your yoni. What you eat affects your, body, menstrual cycle, and your mood, so get into the habit of eating foods that are best for your body and vaginal health. We will share some foods that are beneficial for a healthy vagina. Below we list for you the dos and don’ts for a healthy yoni.
- Remove processed foods from your diet: Process foods lowers your immune system and can make space for unhealthy bacteria to take over your body. This can cause a lot of issues for your vaginal health like dryness, urinary tract infection, bacterial vaginosis, and yeast infection. In case you are wondering why these issues are occurring it can be the process foods you are eating.
- Too much sugar: Having too much sugar can kill your good vaginal bacteria, turn into irritation, soreness and yeast infections. Keep your sugar intake to a bare minimum.
- Avoid Artificial Hormones: Get into the habit and be more proactive in reading labels of foods that you buy, and research where your meat and dairy is coming from. Some meat and dairy is made with a hormone called xenoestrogens, which is an artificial hormone that can prevent your vagina from receiving estrogen, this can prevent the development of your mucosal lining, and you will be prone to infections.
- Always Stay Hydrated: When your thirsty so is your vagina, too. Staying hydrated can prevent odors and your vaginal area will stay wet and be more aroused for intamicy. This is more than enough reason to up your water intake daily.
- Include plenty of prebiotics and probiotics in your diet: Healthy bacteria is what helps fight off infections and balance your PH levels. Eating foods that are fermented can be used as probiotics as well for example Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, and kombucha. (keep in mind to shop for yogurt that is low in sugar).
- Eat Healthy Fats: Nuts, avocados, and olive oils. These healthy fats help create a healthy mucosal lining that can keep infections away from your vagina. Nuts that contain Vitamin B help keep away vaginitis. Avocados have vitamin B-6 and potassium, these types of fats enhance your vagina’s lubrication, make your walls stronger, and increase libido. Other foods that can help as well are flax, chia seeds, salmon, and almonds. Do your sex life a favor and stick to healthy fats.
- Fruit: Eat your apple ladies it is known to give you better sexual function, compared to those who don’t.
- Cranberries and green tea: cranberries are filled with a lot of antioxidants and acid properties that help with the breakdown of bacteria and infections. Drink all-natural sugar-free cranberry juice to actually receive the benefits. Fresh cranberries can be good to eat for immunity-boosting as well. Green tea can kill E. coli which is a bacteria that can cause UTI’S.
When craving for sugar or something sweet stick to eating fruits. For carbs sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A that plays an important role in keeping the reproductive system healthy, giving you better fertility, protection and keeping your vaginal wall strong.
We hope you find this information useful. Please tell us your thoughts and leave comment below.
Want to be in the Mob? Subscribe Today!