Getting a personal Chiller for your skincare products can extend the shelf life of some products. Keeping products with retinol and Vitamin C in cold temperature slows down the ingredients degradation. When refrigeration of skincare products it depends on the formula, most skincare companies have created their products to withstand room temperature unless brand advices keeping the product in a cool temperature. Just be mindful that not all beauty products should be stored in a refrigerator, because it can become less effective. Once product is stored in cool temperature after using the product it should be returned to the refrigerator. Here is a list of types of products you should keep in your personal chiller.
- Beauty tools: Gua Shas, Facial rollers, and Applicators
- Gel based Cleansers for facial care
- Liquid base products: toners, and hydrating facial mist
- Serums: Eye and facial serums
- Mask: Sheet masks, and overnight masks, Detox mask
- Creams: moisturizers, and eye creams
- Products with retinol and vitamin C
- Organic skincare and facial products (unless states to keep at room temperature)
- Homemade facial and skincare products
- Lip masks
- Putting facial oils in the refrigerator separation can occur.
- Clay products can harden in the refrigerator depending on the ingredients.
The cooling effect from refrigerated products help the ingredients to soak into your skin faster while enjoying the cooling sensation on your skin, which calms your nerves and make you feel the pampering experience like you were at the SPA.